duminică, 8 noiembrie 2009

DRAGOSTEA DINTAI


In Romanian we have this saying, “it’s first love” and that means that a person is in love for the first time, it’s that love when everything is possible. It’s Corinthians 13 love that brings joy and energy in our lives and most of the times in the lives of others. I remember Buzatu Corneliu with whom I was hopelessly in love in the first grade. He was a “first love” but he let me down as his grammar was appalling and he ate with his mouth open .Years after that the list of “loves” is not long and my standards have slightly changed.

A few broken dreams and a couple of buckets of tears later He came along. He swept me off my feet. First, He made me feel like dirt; Proverbs can do that to you when you don’t know the whole story. It’s the whore/wisdom conflict that can get to you if you’re not ready. Then I made an issue of personal development out of Him. Isn’t the Exodus fascinating from an archaeological point of view? There were so many things I could learn from the Bible! All the names of the peoples and ancient cities and .. oh what a lovely story (it’s best if you read this article with a British accent). It wasn’t long before I thought He was perfect for all humanity except me…His speeches from the Gospels were just brilliant and wasn’t He kind to save that poor adulteress from being stoned, I wonder what did He write on the sand?

But He kept talking to me, tantalizing and challenging me to the point that I would be obsessed with His words and pull over in traffic just to read more. It wasn’t a story anymore: it was personal! He could be the one for me!!

It was a summer night full of stars and I could shout into the darkness “Eureka!” but I thought it would be a cheap imitation of some old Greek man and it wouldn’t express half of what I had discovered. I had discovered that I was worth more that some university degrees, more than a good job and my house by the Pacific. He loved me with my hair up or down and I did not have to make conversation but I loved talking to Him. He wasn’t particularly happy about my luggage but He was willing to carry it and even dumped in a funny Sea all those things I couldn’t get rid of. That night He said that if I asked Him to, He would stay. It took faith the size of a mustard seed as I would have rather told a mountain to move into the sea that trust somebody else with full control of my life. In those days I was addicted to tobacco and me but it was harder to give up me than it was to renounce tobacco.

We started that night and we’re still going strong!

Un comentariu:

  1. Un stil cu care ma pot obisnui oricand si de care voi deveni dependenta. Tine-o tot asa Didi, you are the master of writing! SI nu doar atat, reusesti sa iti transpui cititorii in pielea ta si nu e un lucru usor.. felicitari si ... mai spune-ne despre tine:)
    p.s. Frumos exprimat conceptul de relatie intre tine si Mantuitorul.. fie care toti sa il experimentam asa!

    RăspundețiȘtergere