vineri, 27 noiembrie 2009

I had a dream

As I was thinking and praying about what to write… an old American tune came to my mind. “Beautiful dreamer” was one of those songs I used to play once in while and tonight I wished I had it in my playlist. It was three years ago that I told my friend I wanted to help out in the children’s ministry. We used to go to the park and meet children there and have a Bible program for them. After an outreach week in the park we decided to start meeting in the church as the wet and cold autumn would not allow us to go in the park anymore. That was the autumn of 2006. We had a few meetings with the children but there would only be 4-5 kids and we felt a bit discouraged, or at least that is how I felt. Then one Saturday afternoon five kids walked in, then another four, then another two and we started to share and next thing I knew there was this kid, as small as a dwarf, with no trace of shyness who got up and started to sing “ Here is the rainbow…”. I confess I had tears in my eyes and for me that was the first day of the rest of my ministry. Our meetings started to be different , we learned as we went, our group is now larger and we have seen these kids grow and along with their age their needs change and if the Bible tells me that the Lord Jesus is my fiancé then one of these days I’ll wake up and say … “my Lord, your kids are big now” and I know He will provide for them. We dreamed and prayed a lot for our group and we still dream.. only our dream has changed now: we want to see them in the church, serving and praising God for what He did in their lives.
My dream sharing will be continued…




Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu